May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

Some random thoughts from the children and Dana on "MOMMY"...

Sarah - Mommy likes to cuddle. She kisses me and tickles me all over. She likes to scrapbook especially with Miss Martha. She likes Mountain Dew, Barley Soup, Hot Tamales, and salad. Mommy likes to read books to me. I like Fancy Nancy books. Mom is fun, cool, lovable, nice, and pretty. I know that my mom loves me because she kisses me and she feeds me. I like it when she tells me she loves me. Mommy got 2 cats and a dog for me to play with. I don't like it when Mommy scolds me. I like to go shopping with her. Mommy likes Jesus because she worships God and she sings and reads her Bible.

Hannah - My mom is wonderful. She's my mom. I like to cook curry chicken and rice with her. And cookies too. I like when she makes her yummy chili. Mommy likes to read my books to me while we cuddle. I think her favorite job is to take care of us kids. She likes to read her book too. I don't like it that Mom makes me eat carrots. I wish Mommy would watch more movies with me. I think Mommy goes shopping and drinks Mountain Dew when we are not home. She cuddles with Daddy. She's not too serious, but also is not really funny all the time either. My mom makes me keep my room clean and I have to ask to read books (because she says I am not responsible with when I choose to read). One of my favorite things about my mom is that she likes to wear comfortable clothes like sweatshirts and sweat pants. I like to wear those kind of clothes too.

Ethan - She's AWESOME! I like it when she plays with me. She reads books with me. Mommy is usually happy. She likes to sleep in. She is my teacher this year. Mom likes Hot Tamales, Diner Dash, spinach, and her kids. She REALLY likes Daddy. She calls him "Bun". She's good at riding bike and caring for Rudy. She's trying to lose weight so she goes and exercises at the Y and then we can swim! There are a lot of best things my mom does for me: going to Culver's, going to the park, cleans the house, and makes supper. I like when my mom makes potatoes and green bean casserole. I get mad at her when she says we have to pick up the whole house. Mommy is a Christian, and Jesus will be happy to have her in heaven with Him.

Dana - Nedra has a burden for the hearts, souls, and character of our children. She loves being a mom, but would say that it is the most challenging thing she's ever done. She receives strength, support, and encouragement from her friends and fellow mothers at church. God is refining her as our kids get older. I would describe her as humble, hungry (for the Lord), passionate, growing, and beautiful. She likes to scrapbook, organize, read, and have deep discussions. She needs quality time with loved ones. She appreciates a good "chic flick". She loves Chipotle. What makes Nedra an excellent mother is her desire to continue to grow in her relationship and submission to the Lord in allowing Him to refine her as a mom.

1 comment:

  1. What a great tribute to Nedra! Happy Mothers Day- you are a wonderful example to look up to in mothering and in following Jesus. Thanks for being you!

    ReplyDelete