June 2, 2010

Ethan's Month of May

My friend, Nick, came over one day and we played on the slip 'n slide and had a squirt gun fight. Nick is looking at me funny in this photo because he is about to shoot me with his squirt gun between photos. Mom was the judge of our slip 'n slide moves. She gave us a score from 1 to 10.

This picture is me with my K'nex. The ones I'm holding are a surveillance plane and a regular plane. The big one in the middle is a catamaran. On the bottom left is a speed boat. The one next to it is a jeep. The one on the bottom right is a rally car. The tiny one in front is a jet ski. I made one design from each of my instruction books.
This is just a silly picture of me and Mom on Mother's Day. She always wants to take a picture with me.
This is me in my favorite spot for playing on the computer. It's very comfortable. I'm playing Sim City 4 Deluxe. I wear the headphones because Dad was doing his Bible Study and I didn't want to bother him. The game is about making a city. Some of the things I like to have in my cities are hospitals, subways, bus stops, highways, trains, and public recreation places. You need to build an efficient city to earn money to expand it. Income always needs to exceed your expenses. Mom says that's the way it is in real life too!

This is Nick and I at the Regional Science Fair. Our project was "The Effects of Temperature on Magnets". We are holding up our purple ribbons. A purple ribbon means you have a chance at placing. We got 2nd place in the 6th grade physical science division; it had the most projects of all the different divisions in the science fair, including other grades. We were really proud to place!

This is Caleb, Devin, and me. We are holding our Timothy Awards for AWANA. We won them by finishing all of the books from the first book of Cubbies (at 3-years-old) all the way to the last book of Truth and Training (6th grade). We memorized a LOT of Bible verses. My life verse that I chose is Joshua 1:9. You can look it up because I don't want to put it down here, but I DO know it. We are gonna go to Youth Group next year!
Some other things I did in May that we don't have pictures of here: soccer, field trip to State Capitol and Fort Snelling, Track and Field Day at school, my final band concert (I play the trombone), and we went to Grandma and Grandpa's house over Memorial Day weekend and saw our cousins, John and Charlie.

Thanks for reading!
ETHAN

3 comments:

  1. It was fun making this. Please give me comments if you read this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ethan, you're so busy. Next year jr. high right? Will you go to East with your dad? Thanks for sharing this. Can't wait to hear what you do for fun this summer.

    Kari

    ReplyDelete
  3. AnonymousJune 04, 2010

    Wow, Ethan you did a get job of blogging. It was fun having you here over the weekend. Grandma and Grandpa shed a few tear of weekend memories after you left. Love you Grandma

    ReplyDelete