July 21, 2010

The Children and Their Favorites

Almost every time someone asks them about our vacation, the children have a different favorite to share. Here are some of the things they mentioned on the drive home...


Washington DC

Ethan: I liked seeing the new $100 bill before it's even out. The WWII Memorial - that place was cool! And that wall...the Vietnam Wall. It was fun finding that name. The Holocaust Museum - I didn't really like that one because it was sad. I'm glad I didn't live during WWII.

Hannah: I'm not talkin' 'cuz you're gonna be posting this somewhere...I liked that lady on the Metro who sounds so bored as she announced the stops.

Sarah: I liked the subway and all the escalators. The windsurfing in the museum was fun - I could DO it! I liked seeing them make money. At the Art Museum I liked the kids' tour, the fountain, and the gift shop.



Columbus Zoo

Ethan: I liked just looking at that water park at the zoo! Too bad we couldn't go this time... That big tank of "fishies" was cool. The flamingos didn't exactly do very much - they just stood there. I liked the little monkey that ate his poop - and the one that stuck his tongue out at me.

Hannah: (refuses to talk for fear of appearing on the blog)

Sarah: The Blowfish! The flamingos that stand on one leg! Misha - the baby gorilla who the lady was cuddling - she was SO cute! That red panda!



July 13, 2010 - still to be blogged about - here's a little taste...

Ethan: My tooth - that was crazy! For me, everything was pretty much bad.

Hannah: It disappears forever!! Dad sat down and said he felt like he was kicked in the stomach. His face was stressed!

Sarah: It was the longest day ever! The wallet was on the tray and it went in the garbage and now it's underground. ...And then we were in rain the whole time to Ohio!



Random quotes from the drive:

"If I got dropped into a port-a-potty, I'd die within 5 seconds because of the smell!" -Ethan

On waiting rooms..."I like sitting in them, but not waiting in them. Why are they called 'wading' rooms when there's not any water in them?" -Ethan

"I don't think blogging is worth it." -Sarah

"I threw it on the GROUND!" -you tube video Ryan had shown us quoted regularly by all in the van

Various quotes from the Old Spice man commercials - "You're on a boat with the man your man could smell like...the tickets are now diamonds!"

"Yellow line train to Huntington!"

1 comment:

  1. Alison MahoneyJuly 21, 2010

    Lol @ quotes! Especially loved the monkey eating his poop. HA! Sounds like it was a fun trip!

    ReplyDelete