August 26, 2009

Quotes of the Week

Dana: "I feel like Charles Ingalls going away from his family to find work." (He's working with my dad this week while we're missing him in Mankato - hey, even the Mankato reference is so Little House:)

Ethan: (when asked what he thought the lesson was in the movie "Up") "I'm not sure what the lesson is, but I know it has something to do with, 'It's just a house...'"

As we were driving in the van last night, Sarah couldn't get her seat belt clipped and Hannah told her she'd help her. The next thing we hear (about 20 seconds later) is Hannah saying, "Ouch! I just clipped my tongue!" Nedra: "How in the world did you do that?!" Hannah: "I was playing with my hair clip and it just snapped shut on my tongue!" Needless to say, the misunderstanding was quite humorous.

We've been trying to narrow down activities for fall. As Sarah was considering her options, she said, "Well, it depends on what I get to wear..."

Nedra: "There are these chemicals in your body called hormones and sometimes they really mess you up." (In a discussion with Hannah about irrational and out-of-control emotions)

No comments:

Post a Comment