February 25, 2010

As I Sit Here...

...Dana has just left for the YMCA to exercise. He's planning to run and bike. It'll be my turn when he gets back. It's not quite as easy to work the Y thing in now that the kiddos are done with swim practices. I usually try to get there while everyone else is at school, but that didn't happen today.

...Sarah is downstairs playing dollhouse with a friend that came over after school. First they had to love up the pets. Then the tour of the house as this is Holly's first time here. They went to the park for awhile to play. In the last 5 minutes I've overheard the following phrases as they play downstairs, "I wish I was rich and could do whatever I want." "Tell that horse to stop neighing" "Do you like Josh?" "I don't know, do you like Tyler?" "Do you think your sister is spying on us?"

...Ethan and Hannah are upstairs trying to fix the walkie-talkies so they can try to spy on Sarah and Holly. They've gotten the walkies to work, but can't get the headsets to work. Ethan (in atypical male style - his dad would never do this) has just gotten the instruction manual out for assistance. They're discouraged and asked me for help. I'm clueless.

...I was looking up recipes online before I make my grocery list and decided to blog instead.

...Rudy is sleeping in front of the fireplace.

...Selah is nowhere to be found. She gets that way when "strangers" are at our house.

...Dudley is dragging a 12"x12" piece of paper through the family room and into the bathroom. Sarah glued little craft poms to it yesterday afternoon. She let Dudley play with one yesterday and now he's obsessed with her project that she has them glued to. I just went to save the project, but it was too late. He had gotten a pom off and put it into the toilet. For some reason every little "toy" Dudley gets a hold of ends up in water of some sort...I'll have to blog about him another time.

...Now Sarah and Holly are upstairs preparing a "spa" for each other - complete with foot bath and multi-colored nail polish. Ethan and Hannah have given up their spying efforts. Hannah is joining in on the spa. Ethan is hauling wood in from the garage for me.

...I'm feeling like I should get off the computer and start preparing supper - leftover lasagna tonight. I'll NEED to go to the Y to work that off...

...Feeling blessed that my life is really just very ordinary most of the time - sometimes ordinary is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment