November 17, 2009

Perspective

Our washing machine has been making horrific noises lately. Today, it died. The repair man said it would cost more to repair than getting a new one. Our emergency fund has recently been depleted. This purchase is not in the budget. Our van is making strange noises... (Trust)

I'm all alone today and craving everything I should not... (Discipline)

The girls were supposed to get their bus passes today, but the paperwork wasn't properly filled out so I was late picking them up for school on just their second day. I walked into the school to be greeted by the principal saying, "Is it the plan for you to pick your children up everyday?" He was unaware of our paperwork issue and the fact that I had only minutes before been notified they wouldn't be able to ride the bus. The girls were confused... No Mr. Principal, I'm really not one of THOSE parents, I just look like one... (Humility)

Our son tried to deceive us tonight by skipping swim practice and going to play video games at the Y instead. Unfortunately (for him), tonight Mom finished her workout earlier than their swim practice ended and went in to watch... (Wisdom, Grace, and Forgiveness)

My husband had an early dentist appointment this morning. He was in a meeting when I tried to call him to discuss the washing machine thing. He donated plasma after work. We were gone already for swim practice when he got home. He'll be at an elder meeting at church most of the night tonight. Missing him... (Patience and Love)

Believe it or not; my attitude is still positive... (Hope)

These "minor" mishaps are not so bad when taken in the proper perspective... (Truth)

Jesus is my Savior. He is always on His throne. He loves me more that I can even imagine. He is working all things for my good... (Peace)

I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in me will carry it on to completion... Phil. 1:6 (Faith)

Praise the Lord!

1 comment:

  1. Look at you... must have a lot of time on your hands lately to be able to write such cool posts! Watch out blogosphere, here comes a new mommy blogger all-star!

    Seriously, that was a fun and encouraging post. I hope all the kinks get worked out easily!

    ReplyDelete