January 21, 2010

A Humbling

You may have noticed that my last post ended rather abruptly...

We were getting close to being late for swim practice so I was in a hurry when backing out of the garage. I turned the wheel to avoid the van mirror from hitting the side of the garage and over did it...ended up in the snow bank next to our driveway. Tried to correct it by pulling forward, but as most of you know our driveway is very steep and it had been raining so it was slippery. I couldn't pull forward and just kept sliding downhill. I thought I'd turn the wheel just perfectly and gun it to plow through the snow bank (I was in a hurry you know), but all that did was plow me even further down the driveway into a good 4 foot bank. Totally stuck, I did the typical female spin-your-wheels thing even though I wasn't really expecting it to work. I did it more out of frustration. So I got out of the van and started scooping (hey, maybe I could get it out before Dana got home...I don't think any neighbors saw me...no one would even know), but it was quite apparent I was going nowhere. Dana arrived home about 3 minutes later, chuckled at my half-hearted attempt at removing the van, and pulled me out with his truck.

We were 20 minutes late for swimming. It never really does pay to be in a rush...

I should have taken a photo to show you just how stupid I really was, but even the most humbled of us have our limits :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment